In our new home I wanted to connect everything with wired connections, or at least as much as possible.
Last night I connected our Sonos speakers with shielded FTP (why is a completely different story).
#How it is done
See for the long answer the site
- Go to “about my sonos system”
- Find the IP address in the dialog box
- Go to http://<sonos_ip>:1400/status/ifconfig in your browser
- http://<sonos_ip>:1400/wifictrl?wifi=off (non-persistent
- http://<sonos_ip>:1400/wifictrl?wifi=persist-off (persists during reboot)